Founded in 2000 by Jon Stryker, the Arcus Foundation is dedicated to the idea that people can live in harmony with one another and the natural world. Arcus’ work is based on the belief that respect for diversity among peoples and in nature is essential to a positive future for our planet and all of its inhabitants. The Foundation works globally and has offices in New York City and Cambridge, U.K. To learn more, visit: www.arcusfoundation.org.
The Digital Communications Manager (the Manager) is an experienced online journalist or communications professional highly skilled in running dynamic editorial for a website and social channels of a news, media, non-profit or similar organization. The Manager will be able to adapt their editorial experience to oversee and drive content through the Foundation’s digital ecosystem. They will ideally be familiar with human rights or conservation and have proven experience in overseeing and growing a website and social media.
The Manager will be able to enhance the Foundation’s messaging and positioning, using language that connects with grantees and partners, as well as adjacent audiences and those seeking to learn more about the organization and its impact. They will work full time in Arcus’ New York office and demonstrate a commitment to the Arcus Foundation mission and values.
- Elevate Arcus’ online profile, reputation, viewership and interactivity through development, placement and dissemination of timely, accurate and relevant content through the Foundation’s online channels, and when necessary execute online campaigns to reach new or specific audiences.
- Maximize the usability and interactivity of Arcus’ online presences to raise awareness of the Foundation’s mission, LGBTQ and Ape conservation-related issues, and provide relevant and timely information and resources to grantees and online communities.
- Measure and demonstrate impact through collection and publication of periodic metrics.
- Support the Media Director in execution of strategic communications.
- Undergraduate degree, in journalism, communications or related field preferred. A minimum of 7-8 years professional online experience.
- Work experience in the fields of global human rights and / or conservation preferred.
- Hands-on professional experience with online information sources and tools, including social media and networking tools.
- Proven track record working in close knit, multi-cultural teams in global time zones.
- Applicants must be available to work full time in New York.
- Demonstrated respect for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Collaborative work style that facilitates teamwork.
- Ability to apply analysis and demonstrate flexibility in problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record adapting to technological change and innovation.
- Solid decision-making ability, with a proactive and self-motivated approach to work with high degrees of independence and initiative.
How to Apply
Please visit https://www.arcusfoundation.org/employment/ to submit a resume and tailored cover letter including salary requirements. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.