Potential office work location: Carrollton, TX or Houston, TX
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society mobilizes people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS. To fulfill this mission, the Society funds cutting-edge research, drives change through advocacy, facilitates professional education, collaborates with MS organizations around the world, and provides programs and services designed to help people with MS and their families move their lives forward. We partner with volunteers to accomplish our work. Staff members engage volunteers through effective and timely communications, facilitating meaningful opportunities, and continually seeking and providing feedback for reciprocal growth and learning.
Potential office work location: Carrollton, TX or Houston, TX
The Individual Giving Specialist provides multiple-market support to Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas responsible for raising $600,000 in total revenue.
The Specialist strategically engages a pipeline of new and retained prospects through a defined portfolio of donors giving at the $500-$2,500 level. This position actively works a portfolio to create meaningful interactions including gift solicitation and stewardship. This position plays an active role on relationship management teams to develop and support moves management planning for all assigned prospects.
This position facilitates donor events across multiple markets by compiling mailing lists, tracking RSVP's, coordinating all event communications, determining venues, managing invoices, uploading interactions, providing donor research and creating all pre and post-event reporting.
The Specialist oversees Individual Giving data administration by tracking and uploading all team interactions, assigning relationship managers in the database, conducting prospect research utilizing a suite of resources and pulling defined reports from the reporting system.
This position serves as the primary customer service contact for all Individual Giving related inquiries for the defined market area, helping to answer questions and direct donors to resources.
Travel in and to assigned markets is required, as well as attending weekend and evening donor functions.
1. Active Portfolio Management
- Manage defined pipeline of new and retained donors through meaningful interactions and execution of appropriate relationship building steps to increase Individual Giving revenue.
- Actively identify top relationships within portfolio to strategically align moves management plans.
- Regularly research, qualify and assign donors to portfolio through defined processes to determine individuals with capacity and propensity.
- Engage with donors in a variety of ways to identify specific donor interests and deepen their connection to the organization.
- Execute assigned weekly donor thank you calls.
- Participate in all relationship management meetings to facilitate collaboration.
- Work collaboratively with Individual Giving Staff and the market management team as well as key market volunteers to identify, cultivate and solicit donors.
2. Event Management
- Facilitate donor events across multiple markets by compiling mailing lists, tracking RSVP's, coordinating all event communications, determining venues, managing invoices, uploading interactions, providing donor research and creating all pre and post-event reporting.
- Provide onsite event support such as venue assessments, event logistics, organization of all event materials, coordination of registration tables and strategic donor engagement.
- Provide personalized outreach to assigned donors.
- Actively review and upload all team interactions.
- Assign relationship managers in the system and serve as primary contact for market team's relationship assignments.
- Conduct prospect research utilizing a suite of resources.
- Pull defined reports from the reporting system.
4. Customer Service
- Manage the intake of Individual Giving customer service calls and distribute to other staff when necessary.
5. Volunteer Engagement
- Increase the number of Society volunteers, recognizing and recruiting talent (Managing Relationships, Being Open and Receptive)
- Engage volunteers, effectively communicating and facilitating meaningful opportunities across all functions. (Communication)
- Partner with volunteers to accomplish our work. (Getting Work Done through Others, Getting Organized, Managing Work Processes, and Overcoming Obstacles)
- Cultivate volunteers, seeking and providing feedback and sharing opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning. We recognize the contributions of all volunteers. (Communication, Inspiring Others, People Management, Learning, Being Open and Receptive)
- BA/BS or equivalent years experience
- 3 years of nonprofit fundraising experience required. Time management, relationship management, event management, data management, organization, communication and collaboration skills required. Ability and confidence to communicate with prospects and donors is essential.
- Must be an action-oriented, energetic professional with the following attributes: a track record of building donor and volunteer relationships; entrepreneurial spirit; skilled at inspiring, influencing and engaging people; high emotional intelligence; collegial, collaborative and accessible; excellent listening skills, passion for the mission.
- Ability to create and utilize donor prospecting and management tools including CRM software, Wealth Engine, moves management, donor briefing documents, etc.
- Strong writing skills including proposal and report writing, as well as internal and external communications with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of industry standards, current trends, and best practices.
- Results driven style and proven track record of fundraising/sales success.
- Experience and knowledge in mid-major level donor fundraising.
- Strong understanding of moves management planning and the donor lifecycle.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Database management, Knowledge of Salesforce and/or CRM systems is a plus.
- Project Management knowledge
- Strong relationship building skills
- Motivated individual who can deliver on goals
- Ability to quickly build credibility within and outside of the organization and make an immediate contribution to accomplishing key priorities
- Creative and energetic individual who functions well within a fast-paced, team environment, which includes cross-department collaboration
- Ability to work well with volunteers, staff, and a variety of constituents is essential
- Outstanding customer experience and services abilities
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills, diplomacy, and discretion
- Ability to manage and motivate groups, both internally and externally
- Project Management experience including ability to manage multiple and high priority projects at one time
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
- Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter by applying directly to the job posting located on our company website: