Operation Blessing International (OBI), an international humanitarian relief and development organization, is seeking a highly-motivated and results-oriented professional to cultivate donor relationships and convey the impact of OBI’s hunger relief, medical and disaster response programs. Managing a portfolio of 100+ major donor prospects through cultivation and solicitation, events, giving campaigns, database and donor-centered communication, this individual will increase OBI giving and meet set goals.
The successful individual will have the following qualifications:
- Excellent fundraising/sales experience developing major donors/accounts and meeting/exceeding annual goals.
- Proven track record in business development/sales and ability to lead donor’s to action.
- High level of initiative, ownership, and accountability for results.
- Excellent oral, written and corporate-level presentation skills with ability to speak persuasively and articulate an organization’s mission and purpose.
- Computer skills including MS Office and database programs.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build effective, long-term donor relationships.
- Polished and sophisticated communicator with excellent ability to collaborate cross-functionally and cooperatively with various departments.
- Strategic thinker who is flexible and able to change direction quickly.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Solid background of superior work ethic, integrity, and Christian commitment
- Ability to travel extensively and work flexible, irregular hours; possess valid driver’s license.
- Experience in non-profit sector helpful.
Operation Blessing is dedicated to alleviating human need and suffering in the United States and around the world. Through core programs of disaster relief, medical aid, hunger relief, orphan care, water wells and community development, OBI has touched the lives of more than 200 million people providing goods and services valued at over $1 billion.
Over 99% of OBI’s total expenses go toward humanitarian relief programs which has led the following organizations to recognize our outstanding commitment to fiscal efficiency:
- Charity Navigator has awarded OBI its “exceptional” 4-star rating for seven years in a row–a feat only 2% of charities have accomplished.
- Ministry Watch gave OBI a 5-star rating and also lists us as #2 out of over 400 charities.
- Chronicle of Philanthropy ranked OBI as the 6th largest international charity in the country.
- Forbes magazine called OBI one of “America’s Most Efficient Charities.”
Headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia, OBI not only offers you a competitive salary and full benefits, it offers you an opportunity to make a global impact! This job will challenge you spiritually as well as professionally, rewarding your commitment to perform with integrity and excellence.
Application Instructions: If you desire to make a difference in the lives of others, share our vision and purpose and possess the skill requirements listed, we would like to hear from you! Visit our web site at www.ob.org to submit an online application. Resumes without applications will not be given full consideration.