Carnegie Mellon University is actively recruiting for the position of Associate Director Foundation Relations. The Associate Director Foundation Relations is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the development of support from foundations. S/he will develop, implement, and evaluate strategies and programs to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward university-wide foundation prospects, and manage ongoing relationships and serve as a primary liaison with external organizations and deans, faculty and other key stakeholders. In addition to managing a broad foundation portfolio, this individual will work closely with the Director of Foundation Relations in securing enhanced support in the thematic areas of climate, energy, and basic science. We are seeking experienced candidates for the Associate Director Foundation Relations position with the following qualifications:
- Licenses: Valid State Driver's license. Must successfully complete a driver's license verification on an annual basis and successfully compete the National Safety Council's Defensive Driving Training program once every three years.
- Experience: 5-7 years of related experience.
- Skills: Demonstrated ability to understand both the interests and demands of the university as well as those of senior program officers in foundations; excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills (writing test will be administered); ability to develop effective working relationships; ability to develop and manage relationships with senior academic leaders, faculty and other key stakeholders of Carnegie Mellon.
- Physical Mobility: Must be able to travel around the region and to other areas of the country.
- Environmental Conditions: Work usually performed in a typical office setting; travel to various locations required.
- Mental: Must be able to work under pressure; meet inflexible deadlines, set priorities and deal diplomatically with difficult individuals.
- Other: Weekend and evening work will be required.
- Experience: Previous experience in either corporate or foundations relations in a fundraising role, preferably in higher education. Science or engineering background preferred. Professional writing experience preferred.
TO APPLY: Please visit https://cmu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=100406
CARNEGIE MELLON IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WE INVITE AND ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS, AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES