Calvert Foundation is a nonprofit organization that has pioneered a new type of investing that delivers a social and financial return. People invest in us through the Community Investment Note and then we invest in organizations around the world that empower people living in low-income communities. Our capital finances affordable housing, micro-businesses, and essential community services.
Calvert Foundation, an impact investment industry leader based in Bethesda, MD, has been named one of the top organizations changing the world by Fast Company. Our team consists of bright, energetic and talented people who have a passion for making a difference in the world by helping underservedcommunities. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes a transportation subsidy and more.
Calvert Foundation is seeking a temporary junior network administrator position for the IT Department. The individual is responsible for maintenance and administration the company LANs and VoIP Server. In addition, supporting Help Desk requests from staff to include receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user requests. The role requires someone with ambition and a strong work ethic who is interested in longer term potential with an exciting organization. This position will be reporting to the Director, IT.
- Perform move, add, and change for Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange 2010, Salesforce, SharePoint, and VoIP server.
- Work closely with contractors and vendors in regard to maintenance and support.
- Deploy and maintain network peripherals and workstation.
- Act as the primary contact for all users with hardware, and software problems.
- Has a strong ability to explain and tech basic software and hardware usage to broad experience level of users.
- Develop troubleshooting skills by using effective investigative methods.
- Provide support on adhoc projects involving other systems.
- Participate in monthly weekend system maintenance.
- At least 1 year experience with Windows Server 2008, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange 2010 Server in support and administration.
- At least 1 year experience with VoIP in support and administration.
- At least 1 year experience with Salesforce (recommended but not required)
- At least 1-2 years’ experience with Helpdesk support.
- Intermediate MS Office 2010 Application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) and Windows 7 knowledge.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users.
- Knowledge of procedures for installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing applicable software, hardware and peripherals.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Demonstrate consistently good customer service skills and be a team player.
- Working knowledge of computer network system environments and peripheral devices.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and would need minimal supervision.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Interested candidates should forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Senior Help Desk Analyst" in the subject line or mail to Calvert Foundation 7315 Wisconsin Avenue Suite 1000W Bethesda, MD 20814.