The Urban Assembly is a non-profit organization that drives innovation in education while working with and within New York City's public school system. We create unique schools, scale up promising programs, and coordinate with hundreds of partner organizations to positively affect the lives of students from the city's most disadvantaged neighborhoods. The UA is dedicated to empowering underserved youth by providing them with the academic and life skills necessary for college and career success. In 2013, our organization is serving nearly 9,000 students in 22 Urban Assembly secondary schools in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan.
The Urban Assembly seeks an energetic individual to join our team as a Development Coordinator.
The Development Coordinator reports to the Director of Development and serves as a generalist in all matters of development, with specific responsibilities related to individual giving, event planning, and communications support. The ideal candidate has at least two years of relevant experience and is eager to build upon her/his skills in this field.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Coordinate individual donor cultivation activities, including special functions and annual benefit
- Maintain the Raiser's Edge donor database
- Manage mailings and donor acknowledgments
- Coordinate and support communications initiatives, including online posts and mission-oriented updates for donors and partners
- Limited support with foundations and corporate partners
- Support Director of Development in department organization and administration
- Limited coordination and administration with the Board of Directors and Young Professionals Committee meetings
- Bachelor's degree
- At least two years of experience with Development in the non-profit sector, and/or relevant experience with donor/client relations, event planning, public relations, marketing, or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and administrative skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Raiser's Edge database management experience preferred
- Event planning experience
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities, as needed
- Knowledge of New York City and/or national public education dialogue preferred
- Enthusiasm for innovation in public education
Commensurate with experience.
How to apply
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume with "Development Coordinator" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.