Purpose of the Position: The Assistant Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the clinical quality improvement initiatives for California’s community clinics and health centers (CCHCs).
Clinical Quality Improvement (QI):
- Implement QI models, strategies, and tools to provide technical assistance and support members in the development and implementation of their QI activities.
- Develop and support training programs and technical assistance to CCHCs to support QI initiatives.
- Lead local, regional and statewide QI projects and QI-related activities.
- Ensure the inclusion of the QI and clinical perspective and expertise through engaging the Statewide Quality Improvement Committee, Clinicians Committee, Behavioral Health Peer Network and Dental Directors Peer Network.
- Foster effective communication and coordination with multiple stakeholders including staff, members, regional associations and external partners including primary care associations, academic institutions and government agencies.
- Facilitate the development of QI-related research and resource development.
- Integrate QI and clinical activities throughout CPCA.
- Responsible for grant administration including reporting, budget management, and communication with funders.
- Provide data analytics expertise to CPCA members and staff
- Conduct data analysis for project needs and research projects
- Analyze data from various sources in collaboration with CPCA staff to inform decision making and serve as a resource for advocacy
- Work with Database Programmer and Data Analyst to maintain projects and databases
- Perform data validation
- Lead in the development of research and data analysis resource development activities
- Provide input into the evaluation of research projects
- Prepare reports, memoranda, speeches and visual presentations that communicate clear analyses of data findings and recommendations
Patient-Centered Health Home (PCHH):
- Provide QI and clinical expertise to CPCA’s PCHH Initiative staff and coaches
- Support PCHH coaches through QI and clinical training and technical assistance
- Collaborate with CPCA PCHH staff to assure the coaching program is meeting goals and to coordinate improvements as needed
- Monitor overall progress of coaching interventions
- Participate in transitioning the PCHH program into a practice transformation program
- Lead department vision and activities while supervising assigned staff including workload coordination, team building and motivation, annual evaluations and department development
- Provide leadership to ensure that the department’s work is integrated with all other departments in order to build organizational capacities
Skills and Talents Required:
- QI experience and education
- Leadership skills
- Effective project/program coordination
- Proficiency in SAS or SPSS. Experience performing analyses on clinical data.
- Proficiency in Excel with a basic knowledge of how to use formulas, and how to perform data validation
- Effective oral and written communications
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s required, Clinical background or Masters in Public Health highly preferred. Minimum five years’ experience in managing health projects/programs. Experience in QI models/strategies and data analysis. Experience with community health centers desirable.
Submit cover letter, resume, professional references and salary requirements in MS Word format to email@example.com or FAX 916-440-8172.