The Educational Alliance is a non-profit organization, founded in 1889, that changes lives. We are a Jewish organization, serving people of diverse ethnic, religious and socio-economic backgrounds who live, work and learn in our neighborhoods. We strive to nourish the total person, strengthen family connections and build inclusive communities.
Reporting to the SVP for Financial Resource Development, the Senior Grant Writer will participate in determining funding strategies, developing funder relationships and submitting funding requests with a major focus on private foundations, corporate foundations, and local and federal government agencies.
- Conduct proactive research, including on-line activities to identify potential grant funding sources from local and nationally based private foundations, corporate foundations, and local and federal government agencies;
- Write, edit and format grant proposals, foundation reports and other funding correspondence - both independently and in collaboration with program and fundraising staff;
- Manage an existing portfolio of foundation and government donors; steward current relationships and identify and approach new prospects for cultivation and solicitation;
- Conduct needs assessments, attend bidders’ conferences and represent the agency at meetings and/or briefings with current and potential funders as needed;
- Complete a variety of editorial, proofreading, and writing projects and ensure that the grant-writing team produces compelling grant proposals and timely reports to secure new commitments and renewals;
- Assist with the agency’s grant management program;
- Establish priorities, evaluate program effectiveness and track multiple projects and deadlines;
- Provide guidance and task supervision to the members of grant-writing team;
- Analyze and consult on appropriate use of funding.
Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience with the “full-cycle” grantee process. Proven success in securing foundation, government, and corporate funding. Experience in writing individual and team proposals and facilitating submission of grant proposals. Ability to effectively present project information to senior leadership, as well as meet required deadlines. Experience in collaborating with finance and program teams in the preparation of program budgets, budget modifications, and preparation of financial reports. Proactive, strategic approach with a clear understanding of accountability for deliverables at hand. Detail-oriented individual with the ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and work with minimal supervision. Working knowledge of budget preparation and management. Knowledge of MS Word and Excel required. Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge preferred.
Annual Salary Range: $ 60,000- 70,000. We value our employees and further acknowledge their contributions by providing employee, family and qualified domestic partner health & dental coverage, generous time off, 403(b) and employer contributed pension plan; tuition reimbursement and employee discount programs.
Please apply at: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=3304491
The Educational Alliance is committed to being an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, or sexual orientation. Accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals requiring them.