The Silicon Valley Community Foundation has announced grants totaling $869,700 to fourteen organizations working to provide financial education to low- to moderate-income families. The grants, which will be used to help individuals and families get financial coaching, access affordable financial services, and build their wealth, are expected to assist more than five thousand people, many of whom do not have access to traditional banking services.
The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven has announced that it raised more than $500,000 through its thirty-six-hour Great Give 2012 event. More than $335,000 in donations was raised from over four thousand individual gifts between October 16 and October 17 to benefit nonprofits, while an additional $170,000 was provided by CFGNH and the Valley Community Foundation to incentivize giving.
The Miami Foundation has announced that Pamela L. Olmo as its new chief financial officer.
The Iowa County Community Foundation, an affiliate of the Waterloo-based Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa, has received $126,000 as part of the state's 2012 County Endowment Fund Program, the Your Weekly Paper reports. The foundation will re-grant roughly 75 percent of the funds to local nonprofits and use the remaining 25 percent to expand its unrestricted endowment.
The Annapolis-based Community Foundation of Anne Arundel County), in partnership with the Healthy Anne Arundel Coalition, has awarded grants of up to $5,000 to nonprofit and faith-based organizations for initiatives under the coalition's Eat Healthier/Move More pilot grant program, the Baltimore Times reports. Funded by an obesity prevention grant from the Maryland Community Health Resources Commission, awards include $5,000 to Anne Arundel Agricultural Marketing LLC; $5,000 to Arundel House of Hope; $3,000 to the Commission of Anne Arundel County; and $2,000 to the Light House Shelter.
The Hawthorn Medical Associates Charitable Fund of the Community Foundation of Southeastern Massachusetts has awarded grants of $5,000 to the Children's Advocacy Center of Bristol County, the Women's Center, the Women's Fund of Southeastern Massachusetts, and the YWCA of Southeastern Massachusetts, South Coast Today reports. The grants were awarded by the Hawthorn Charitable Fund in conjunction with the CFSM as part of a $500,000 endowment.